1. Ask Questions
- Ask open ended questions rather than yes/no responses
- Listen carefully
- Show an interest in the person whom you are talking
- Pretend you are a talk show host and trying to get the person to give his/her story
2. Be Brief
- Avoid details that will bore those listening to you
- Be as short and concise as possible so as not to lose the attention of your audience
3. Be Courteous
- Never leave a recruitment prospect alone
- Always introduce your prospect to those around you
- Lean names!
- End sentences with exclamation points!
- Never make private or inside jokes.
- Allow NO cliques!
4. Be Direct
- Make eye contact
- Don’t get distracted by what is going on around you
- Speak with confidence
5. Be Enthusiastic
- People echo and feed off what you do, so be positive and energetic!
- Avoid sore topics
- Take an active role in your clubs recruitment
- Nothing great was ever accomplished without enthusiasm.